Apparently, I'm not as hopeless as they come - I'm back here writing another post a lot sooner than I anticipated or expected! I think that in itself is a pretty good step.
Today was not a very good day; I could go on and on and segue into the feel of this past month and life after graduation in general but really, what's the point? It is now after midnight and it is a new day. The past is much too heavy a load to carry on your back all the time. It's okay to say it even if you don't entirely live by it.
I realized something today while I was attempting to cheer myself up by making dinner and picking out a good movie to watch - I've always been able to bounce back, even when circumstances haven't been too kind to me. Of course, this is an important revelation for me myself because in the eyes of those around me, I am always positive and I am always strong. I think I began faking it a long time ago and now it may actually be true. I have always believed in the power of positive thinking, even when I'm not exactly living up to my 'bubbly' persona and whining to somebody about my week - in my mind, it'll all be okay. It has to be.
Coming back to the point I made about circumstances not having been kind, I would just like to reinforce this - there are people with much less in the world and I do, as I should, count myself extremely fortunate for what I have and what I get. This may be considered somewhat self righteous thinking that's not altogether too genuine but it is something that truly helps me maintain that forward-looking perspective... (I just did the thesaurus thing again.)
That being said, I also think it is absolutely ridiculous how people use the "there are children in third world countries dying of starvation and disease" line to attempt to make someone feel better or give them a different angle to look at their troubles with. Balance is essential and it was a lesson well-learnt, that no body's problems are small or big - they are their own problems and they are allowed to be angry or sad or frustrated. One can not simply belittle themselves.
I was encouraged to write today because... actually, I'm not sure why. Like I tried to explain before, I do some things and I don't do some things. I'm human, I'm taking it day by day and I hope someday to have lived a fulfilled life. Having made this declaration, it is best if I get to the point even if my brain and my fingers are itching to get off topic and pour out whatever comes to my mind, as usual.
Today is Wednesday the 10th of September 2014. I am 22 years old and I have started many things, ended few, had many epiphanies, made mistakes, done some good things and had some experiences that I believe fall into the 'Amuse-Bouche ' category of the 5 course dinner of the reality that is my life. In other words, I'm as human as they come.
Therefore, I make yet another announcement today. All I will do, is learn something new every week - be it a new phrase in another language, a new recipe, a new fact or something much bigger - and I will document it in this blog without fail.
Granted, it's not very inspired but alas my dear friends, I have to start somewhere. If nothing else, it will give me some form of discipline and it may even make me fall in love with writing all over again... or I could forget all about this and come up with a new epiphany and a new excuse next week. Such is life.
Today was not a very good day; I could go on and on and segue into the feel of this past month and life after graduation in general but really, what's the point? It is now after midnight and it is a new day. The past is much too heavy a load to carry on your back all the time. It's okay to say it even if you don't entirely live by it.
I realized something today while I was attempting to cheer myself up by making dinner and picking out a good movie to watch - I've always been able to bounce back, even when circumstances haven't been too kind to me. Of course, this is an important revelation for me myself because in the eyes of those around me, I am always positive and I am always strong. I think I began faking it a long time ago and now it may actually be true. I have always believed in the power of positive thinking, even when I'm not exactly living up to my 'bubbly' persona and whining to somebody about my week - in my mind, it'll all be okay. It has to be.
Coming back to the point I made about circumstances not having been kind, I would just like to reinforce this - there are people with much less in the world and I do, as I should, count myself extremely fortunate for what I have and what I get. This may be considered somewhat self righteous thinking that's not altogether too genuine but it is something that truly helps me maintain that forward-looking perspective... (I just did the thesaurus thing again.)
That being said, I also think it is absolutely ridiculous how people use the "there are children in third world countries dying of starvation and disease" line to attempt to make someone feel better or give them a different angle to look at their troubles with. Balance is essential and it was a lesson well-learnt, that no body's problems are small or big - they are their own problems and they are allowed to be angry or sad or frustrated. One can not simply belittle themselves.
I was encouraged to write today because... actually, I'm not sure why. Like I tried to explain before, I do some things and I don't do some things. I'm human, I'm taking it day by day and I hope someday to have lived a fulfilled life. Having made this declaration, it is best if I get to the point even if my brain and my fingers are itching to get off topic and pour out whatever comes to my mind, as usual.
Today is Wednesday the 10th of September 2014. I am 22 years old and I have started many things, ended few, had many epiphanies, made mistakes, done some good things and had some experiences that I believe fall into the 'Amuse-Bouche ' category of the 5 course dinner of the reality that is my life. In other words, I'm as human as they come.
Therefore, I make yet another announcement today. All I will do, is learn something new every week - be it a new phrase in another language, a new recipe, a new fact or something much bigger - and I will document it in this blog without fail.
Granted, it's not very inspired but alas my dear friends, I have to start somewhere. If nothing else, it will give me some form of discipline and it may even make me fall in love with writing all over again... or I could forget all about this and come up with a new epiphany and a new excuse next week. Such is life.
No comments:
Post a Comment